cope-a-cabana

On crafts, kids, and the occasional cocktail (thrown in for good measure). Because really. Motherhood is much easier with wine.

Monday, January 14, 2008

New Year, New Projects

Well, finished Flyguy's sweater and it's BEAUTIFUL! I have to get a photo of him in it, still-and that will have to wait for me to do a little crochet edging to prevent the ugly rolling action.

In the mean time, I am cookin' on the Tree Jacket, and I finished two hats just in time for some serious snow play at Mt Rainier!

His: I cast on 100 sts with size 5 needles and k2p2 ribbing for about an inch. Stst for about 5.25 inches, then reduced by one stitch (99 left) and did k2tog decreases every 9 stitches (11 times). K round, dec round, etc.

I added two stripes, two rounds high, about 2 inches from the bottom edge.

Used Cascade 220 in dark brown and off-white.

Mine: Followed directions for Norwegian Star Earflap Hat by Tienne (http://www.tiennie.com/) I didn't do the earflaps. I used the same Cascade 220 as hubby's hat, size 6 needles, and used directions for the child size hat (that gauge is about 5 sts/inch for me, which would yield 19" hat if following child directions)

I did a k round between dec rounds until about round #13 (on the crown) then I did all dec rounds.

To find the size I should knit I measured our heads, then subtracted 15%.

Sure kept us warm and cozy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home