cope-a-cabana

On crafts, kids, and the occasional cocktail (thrown in for good measure). Because really. Motherhood is much easier with wine.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Sweater FO's

I have actually finished some wearable items!

Wicked
by Zephyr Girls
Materials:
Cascade 220
Size 8 Circ and dpn's

Mods:
Waist Shaping
Increased length of arms to about elbow length
Added about two inches to length


I loved this pattern and the yarn. Cascade 220 is my new fav! I made this sweater way way too big, however. I'm doing it again right now in a pretty blue color (Cascade 220 again) in the size small, but I'm going to add on about 4 inches to the length, and I may not bother with waist shaping...we'll see how it goes. I still wear this one quite a bit, but it's pretty baggy and the waist is too big/too short for my taste. The top pic is closer to the color, but the bottom pic shows pocket and stitching detail better.




Debbie Bliss
Cowl Sweater



Materials:
Plymouth Yarn Encore Chunky (2 strands held together)
Size 11 and 13 needles

Mods:
None
Did the smallest size

Great sweater...I love it! It's incredibly thick with the double-stranded knitting and my son loves it! It's big and baggy, so there is lots of room to grow. Color in the photo is pretty accurate, but it's hard to get a good photo of the detail with the darker color.

2 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful! I love your color choices for both. And that's one happy-looking kid!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

Nice FO's!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home