cope-a-cabana

On crafts, kids, and the occasional cocktail (thrown in for good measure). Because really. Motherhood is much easier with wine.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Starting again...

So, I got through the garter section of Juliet and started the lace, only to find that I was off by 6 stitches. Frustration set in, and I decided to frog the entire thing. I'll use the cotton fleece for a different project and maybe look for a better color and try this project again in the spring.

I finished Danica-it's beautiful! I wear it constantly, but so far have no pictures of the finished product. It is one of the few things I've finished lately that I like. I'm becoming discouraged with fo's and a little worried that my latest projects won't work out the way I'd like. One is for hubby for Christmas:

I am making an attempt at altering a pattern (that I love in it's original form, but I was informed by a fairly stylish man that it would be better with a half-zip instead of cardigan-like) and I'm completely freaked out given my previous three attempts or so. This is the MAJOR Christmas gift for hubby, and the amount of time that goes into it won't allow for much wiggle room or frog/reknit time if I screw it up.

It's the Cambridge Jacket from IK Summer '06, in Cascade 220. I'm doing it in the round up to the underarm/zipper area, then I have no clue what I'll do. How's that for a plan?!?

I'm also picking away at Tree Jacket from Zephyr Style. Cotton Ease in terracotta. Size XS.


I'm doing some needle felting projects for Christmas as well. Will post pictures when I finish them up...
That's it for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home