cope-a-cabana

On crafts, kids, and the occasional cocktail (thrown in for good measure). Because really. Motherhood is much easier with wine.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Progress!

So, it's Christmas Eve and Flyguy is on a trip. I have today and the 26th to complete his gift and I'm mildly FREAKING OUT. I think I'm going to bring it with me tomorrow for the extended family Christmas. Maybe I can get something done in the car. I'm using Cascade 220 in a beautiful almost-black color that is not showing well in these photos.

This is my first try at almost completely reworking a pattern. So far it's going well, but I'm concerned about fit. I haven't blocked it out yet, of course, so hopefully that will help.



For those in the know, Cambridge Jacket from IK is knit in pieces and seamed together. It has a full zipper and a long-ish collar. After consulting Male Neighbor Who Has More Shoes Than Me and Knows Way More About Men's Fashion, I decided to knit this sweater in the round to avoid seaming, put in a half-zip instead of a full zipper, and shorten the collar to about 1.75 inches-2 inches.

So far I have completed the sweater up to the zipper, where I will split the front and work on each side separately. I think it looks wonderful, but again, only fit will tell. I have finished one arm (in the round woohoo!) and I am so impressed with it! The increases make a false-seam look in the underarm AND it took me slightly less than a day to complete. I should be able to get it blocking by mid day on the 26th IF ALL GOES WELL. (Crossing all appendages)



If anyone is interested in my notes and recalculations for the changes I made let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home