cope-a-cabana

On crafts, kids, and the occasional cocktail (thrown in for good measure). Because really. Motherhood is much easier with wine.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

The good, bad, and really bad.....

So, I've been doing a bit of knitting but no blogging. The reason, for the most part, was a series of failed projects that ended up in the frog pond. Starting with the really bad:


Green Gable

I used the recommended Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. I made a size too small. I love everything about it except the way it hugs my no-so-svelt body. Back to the frog pond....


Orangina

Used Rowan 4-ply in blush. I love the pattern, but made this too small, also. I'm sensing a pattern here, and it's not very flattering. I'll redo this one this spring so I can wear it this summer. I'll also lose some weight. ;)

And now, the Good:


Short Snort Girlfriend Tank by Wendy Bernard

Materials: Katia Jamaica (one skein), and the hoop from an earring I found at Target.

This took me just over a day to complete...super fast and easy. I made it to just fit my seven year old. If I made it any bigger I would have needed another skein. I think I had about a yard left. She's grown out of it over this winter, but I'll definitely make another for next summer. She loves it!


Green Gable part II

Materials: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece

I am attempting to strike out on my own and alter this pattern to include long sleeves. I've never done this before, so not sure how it'll go. My plan is to do st st to the wrist, then do a few repeats of the lace pattern. Will post pics of my failure or success. I have set this aside in favor of more cold-weather sweaters for the kids, but hope to pick it back up soon.


Sock Monkey Stocking from Christmas Stocking by Interweave Press

Materials: Cheap acrylic in appropriate colors from Michael's or JoAnn's.

This stocking is for my son. I'm trying to do one per year :)


This is the Chubby Sock from Christmas Stockings by Interweave Press. Cheap acrylic was used again. I finished this last year for Flyguy.


These are the Embossed Leaves socks from IK Fall 2005 (I think??)

Materials: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in "Jeans". Size 2 needles. These are a gift for my mom, so they don't fit me all that well in the photo. Loved the pattern, I'll probably do them again for me :).

I also did a pair of socks for Flyguy, but he takes them on his trips so I never have a chance to snap a photo of them. I guess that means he likes them :).

I did three sets of wine glass coasters from The Crochet Dude for Christmas gifts (to go with our homemade wine) but I forgot to take a photo before I gave them away. They are so fast and easy to do, I'm sure I'll be whipping up a few more for me soon and I'll get photos then.

Right now I'm working on the aforementioned Green (Brown) Gable, a Lopi sweater for Mini Me, and a Debbie Bliss cowl neck sweater for Little Guy. I also just picked up the latest issue of Knit Scene, and they have a GREAT sweater pattern that I can use stash for, so I've started that. I have one sock done (for me) but I'm not sold on the pattern. I'm thinking about frogging it and doing something different. Knitting ADD......

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Batty said...

That's a lot of knitting! I love the socks, your daughter's top is cute, and the other pieces look amazing too (including the Green Gable that's too tight... bummer, it's pretty).

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger knottygnome said...

wow, that is a ton of projects! i especially love the embossed leaves socks. they look beautiful!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

The frog pond sounds like a pretty, but sad place to be. Too bad neither one fits since they look so nice.

The tank for your daughter is super cute though. It turned out really well. So did the Embossed Leaves Socks. Beautiful.

Happy New Year and all the best for 2007.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home