cope-a-cabana

On crafts, kids, and the occasional cocktail (thrown in for good measure). Because really. Motherhood is much easier with wine.

Friday, May 19, 2006

All Kinds of Crazy


So, Wednesday evening I'm enjoying a nice glass or 4 of wine with neighbors. Next thing I know I'm signing up for a sprint triathlon. This would be 1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run. My good friends Robin and Becky (who will pay dearly for this) just finished their first "tri" (see how I'm down with the lingo already?) on Mother's Day. This upcoming race, aka "The Most Humiliating Day of My Life", is on Father's Day. That's four weeks. From now. To make matters worse the husbands are also going to participate. So, that would be not 3 but FIVE people who will kick my ass and make me look bad. Five people who will be waiting at the finish line for me, all recovered from their own adventure in pain, probably sitting in lawn chairs with beer (and hopefully maybe a defibulator).

The Beaujolais made me do it.

So, today I spent my day finding very cute workout clothes, and several lovely websites devoted to teaching me all about the art of the "tri". I am working up to working out. I'm thinking of starting my own triathlon-read a book, knit a sock, then kick back with wine and a good movie. I like to swim, I love to ride my mountain bike, but I hate to run. Hate it. HATE. And I maybe might be a little afraid of cardiac arrest as I'm so hopelessly out of shape. But, my goal is to finish, that's it. It may be after darkness settles and even the sweepers have given up on me, but I'll finish. And I'll post pictures-oh the horror.

In knitting news, I finished my very first pair of socks!!


Pattern: Knitting Pure and Simple: Easy Children's Light Weight Socks

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Child's Play Colorway

Needles: Bamboo dpn's in size 1

I loved this pattern-it was really, really easy. A great way to start off sock making! Mini Me loves the socks, and she is already begging for more. Luckily, this pair only took one of the two skeins I bought, so I have plenty to make another pair.

I am struggling to get through Orangina. I am doing the front and back together on circs, so it seems slower than it actually is.

My LYS had a huge sale the day before Mother's Day, so a friend and I went down and I ended up buying yarn for the Somewhat Cowl and a cute sweater from my Debbie Bliss book for Little Guy. I also have yarn for two Yarn Girls Sweaters, four pairs of socks, and probably six (or eighteen) other projects. Must. Stop. Buying. Yarn. We'll be living in a cardboard box soon, but damn will we have nice sweaters. Or nice balls of yarn to sleep on. Whatever.

3 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Annie said...

They look great! Yay!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Congratulations! You have entered the fascinating and strangely addictive world of sock knitting. Now, you will find yourself going everywhere with 4-5 little wooden sticks and a half-finished sock hidden away in your purse. Don't worry. That's completely normal.

The socks look great. I love the colors, and they fit perfectly indeed. Fabulous job!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Great job! Welcome to the new knitting addiction! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home