cope-a-cabana

On crafts, kids, and the occasional cocktail (thrown in for good measure). Because really. Motherhood is much easier with wine.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Sugar Shock


Well.
Being Catholic, I am aware that Easter is about more than chocolate. My children, however, have not progressed much past the whole rabbit thing. I'm certain they think that the 1.5 hours we spent at church Sunday morning (at 7:30 am for the love of God and all that is holy) was designed by parents to be some sort of torture tool for bunny-loving kids waiting patiently for chocolate. Quite frankly, I thought it was a bit torturous myself. Luckily, I was able to avoid the two hour long marathon mass that was Holy Thursday. My girlfriend and I joke about starting our own bastardized version of Catholicism we like to call "The Gospel According to Dan Brown" wherein Jesus married Mary Magdelene and had babies. Ah, but that is for another post....

Back at the ranch we had a visit from the bunny. Not once. Not twice. Three times. Three. Three baskets for each kid. I'm sneaking chocolate out and tossing it in the garbage at any opportunity. I'm sure that will buy me a ticket straight to Bunny Hell, but life with two kids high on whoppers is hell on earth. It's the lesser of two evils, really.

After the festivities were over (and the two empty champagne bottles hidden in the garbage lest my recycle man think me a lush. Because the wine bottles don't count. Um. Yeah.) I got a chance to finish Josephine!!

Details:
Pattern:
Josephine from Knitty.com
Materials:
Knitpicks Sierra in Natural
Misc. Details:
I increased the length before sleeve/armhole shaping by about .5 inch. My seams SUCK because I wasn't sure I'd like the sweater so I threw it together. I was positive that it wouldn't fit right/look right/etc. In fact, I finished it last night and put it in my bedroom. Didn't even try it on until this morning! I LOVE this sweater!!! I will need to tear out the side seams and redo, but I LOVE this piece! I almost wish I had stuck with my original plan of doing it in the Nutmeg color, but the natural is good, too. Very soft and warm, and not scratchy in the least. My only complaint is that I wasn't quite tight enough with the cables so there are a few holes, and the sweater stretched a lot in the course of wearing it today.

Instead of the belt I decided on toggle buttons. I will put one at the point where the shawl collar comes together and the other a few inches below.










































Buttons I chose are sort-of in place.

It's not lopsided, I just laid it out funny....

(Requisite car included at son's request)









Also as promised...Clapotis!

Details:
Pattern:
Clapotis from knitty.com
Materials:
Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb in Sandridge colorway
Misc:
I used three skeins, omitting one repeat in the middle section, as others have written about. Had just enough to complete it! Now, I can't decide whether or not to block it. I like it unblocked, and that's how Kate Gilbert (the designer) prefers it, so I may keep it that way.

In other news, I am having to frog both my Orangina (too big) and my Forecast for the KAL's I am part of. I decided that since I'm starting my Orangina over I'll do both sides at once. Slower going, but I only have to do it "once". My Forecast is going to look GREAT if I can ever pull my head out of my ass and read the very simple and well-written directions by Stefani Japel.

I'm also working on a baby sweater for my neighbor's newborn and I just bought yarn (shhhh) for about 5 new projects.

Flyguy is currently getting ready for another trip to Cancun. His third this month. He's getting quite a tan, while I seem to be getting quite a gut from all the damn chocolate around here. Here's to chocolate!

6 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josephine looks great! I love the toggle buttons as well. You're right, two kids high on candy IS hell on earth!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Thea said...

I love that Josephine! Have it printed out myself, but don't know if I'll ever begin.... Yours fits great and looks wonderful - something to look fwd to in fall....

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Nice job on both! FWIW, I probably wouldn't block the clapotis either!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

Your Josephine is beautiful!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Wow! Josephine looks awsome, I am going to go look at that pattern again. It's very flattering.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger gerbera said...

Your Josephine looks gorgeous. I've been dying to start it for ages but now I finally have the yarn to knit it, it just looks like a disaster. I've ripped it out 6 times now and been in tears over it and just not getting the chart. Your comments on the knitty board about reading the chart helped heaps and I am going to try and start all over again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home