cope-a-cabana

On crafts, kids, and the occasional cocktail (thrown in for good measure). Because really. Motherhood is much easier with wine.

Monday, April 10, 2006

On Finishing Something

I am great, and I mean really, really great...at starting things. I have started quilts, photo albums, books (reading, not writing), organization plans, and gardens. If you are trying to start something and need a little push, well... I'm you're girl.

Finishing. Now, see, that's a problem. Oh, sure, I can finish shopping for a shoe to match my dress (although it ripped up the top of my foot because I settled for cheap-ass), I can finish a glass of wine (or 3 or 4 if the party is fun), and I can finish making dinner (because there's nothing more disgusting than half-baked pie, half-broiled salmon, etc). And I have two kids who expect you to follow through if you happen to, in a moment of complete and utter stupidity, promise to maybe...make them a new quilt. I'm getting better about finishing things, but I still have way too much going at one time (knitting ADD as Crazy Aunt Purl calls it).

So, my finished object (FO) file is small, but it means big victories for me. I present for your viewing pleasure....


Cocktail Monkey Bag

This bag was made last summer (o5) with all the recommended materials. Pattern from knitty.com It was well loved and well used (and only slightly abused once during an unfortunate over-stuffing incident). It's fringe is a bit sad, but easily remedied. The monkeys long since broke off, but I got so many dang compliments on it every time I carried it.

Sitcom Chic

**When viewing this picture, it is really in your best interest to ignore the cheesy grin, shiny hair and big nose. (sorry about the booger shot)

Sitcom Chic by BonneMarie Burns. Pattern on knitty.com Made with Lion Brand Cotton Ease in (I think) popsicle. This pattern is GREAT. Next time I make it (because I will make it again) I'll do one size smaller. I did the medium and it's just too big on me.

Skully


From Stitch N Bitch. I used Lamb's Pride (I believe that is the recommended yarn). I loved making this sweater and even though the st st was mind numbingly boring it was fast fast fast and no pattern to refer to. It's warm and comfy, but the wool is super itchy around my neck so I usually have to wear a collared shirt under (kinda cuts down on the coolness factor). (shameless promotion of cute cat included at no extra cost) (stupid pose...trying to move cat out of picture) (yes, those green walls were on purpose, and no, I wasn't drinking or high on bad crack)

I also have Clapotis pictures to post, but I'm late for an appointment (regarding wine and chocolate of all things).

Enjoy!

3 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Knittypants said...

Your finished projects look great. The color of the sitcom chic is very flattering. I just made a Skully, too, it's a fun pattern.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Zonda said...

Nice FO's there! Isn't it great to finish stuff! hehe I have a quilt binding to sew this week...been in progress a year!

 
At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skully looks great on you! All of your projects are wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home